Saturday 23 March 2019

Crossing the line......

Blimey... almost 3 weeks since my last post.  Doesn't time fly? 

And in that 3 weeks I have been working like a whirling dervish, making up the dollmaker's workshop packs.  It would have been so much easier to do all of them the same, but as this was my last major 'all singing-all dancing' kit I wanted to go the extra mile so offered colour choices on various components.

Predictably I tied myself up in knots over that but after endless hours in the workroom, followed by extensive double, triple and quadruple checking,  I was finally able to start packaging the kits in a military operation which involved commandeering the dining room table.




Almost all of the kits have now been posted.  Several destined for UK addresses will already have arrived.... those heading for international destinations are currently in transit.
Over several days last week I bowled up to the Post Office, laden with huge bags, fully expecting to be lynched by the muttering queue which quickly formed in my wake.  Despite the fact I had weighed each parcel, calculated the exact postage payable, completed the relevant customs declarations and prepared my own certificates of posting, there were inevitable delays as the boxes wouldn't fit though the lifty drawer/hatch thing, so I had to schlepp from one end of the counter to the bit where the post lady could open the window to take each box.  

Trust me, making that walk several times on each occasion, under the mutinous glare of The Queue is character-forming stuff.  It didn't help that the post lady was intrigued at the size of my parcels.... I usually send out very small, lightweight boxes, so my large, weighty packages were the object of much speculation, which I tried to deflect, sotto voce, so that The Queue wouldn't add neighbour-elbowing, eyebrow raising, and sniggering, to their repertoire.

But my time hasn't been completely devoted to giving the Post Office visiting residents of St Leonards on Sea something to talk about.

No by no nonny no.

I've finally got round to re-doing the fronts of my lovely Ikea Moppe boxes, which over the past few years have become a bit dog-eared and faded.


Plus, while I was re-organising the drawers, I came across a little box of Work in Progress dolls from way back, for which I'd prepared all the costume pieces, pleated the silk ribbons etc, so I've had a lovely few days dressing them.....

My work area.... messy but creative
I still have to complete their boxes, and carry out their photo shoot, at which point I will do the whole 'Tah Dah' thing and show them off. 

So, all in all, a VERY busy, but satisfyingly productive few weeks, which hopefully explains my absence.

However..... I'm now girding my loins for the NEXT thing.  The looming end of the tax year, which heralds my annual grapple with the accounts. 

*sigh*

No comments: