Wednesday 31 August 2022

September 2022 - KDF Online Showcase Exclusives


KDF Online Show - Special Offer

***For the duration of the show (1st Sept - 8th Sept) all website orders of £50 or more (not including shipping) will receive a free pack of my two new Alice in Wonderland book kits (see below).

You can visit my website HERE  (site will open in a new window)

***

When I booked to participate in the online showcase, the intervening months yawned in front of me with a frankly irresponsible invitation to prevaricate and procrastinate.  However, I firmly determined to get all my ducks in a row and back in July I got well ahead of the posse by designing a new pullalong toy kit, based on our much loved Small Dog


Yorkie pullalong toy plus bonus kits

After that I must admit I sat on my laurels, waiting for inspiration to strike.  And while I was awaiting inspiration, I went rooting through my cupboards and found a few theatre cart kits from years ago which I didn't even realise I had.  

Which resulted in these......


One of my favourite ever creations.... a travelling toy cart pulled by a remarkably amenable wolf.  Although.... you can never be too careful with wolves, so he wears a little bell round his neck.  Not sure how helpful that would be if he went rogue but every little helps.

He pulls a brightly decorated wooden cart, which opens to reveal a little theatre inside.


The theatre has interchangeable scenery and double-sided characters, which are cleverly magnetised so they can be placed inside without falling over. There is even a 'transformation scene' where the poorly grandmother, languishing in her bed, can be flipped to reveal the dastardly wolf, wearing her lacy cap.  Needless to say, the woodcutter can step in to save the day, although not, obviously the wolf.

On second thoughts, if the wolf pulling the cart ever gets wind of the final act,  the bell round his neck might be completely ineffective.

For the other theatre cart I went completely down the rabbit hole.....


Dodos are rather more sedate creatures, and this one was persuaded to don a frankly ridiculous feathered headdress, which he felt added to his dignified stance.

My Alice-themed theatre cart features the entire cast of characters from both books, as well as several backdrops and free-standing scenery.  


There is a total of 12 backdrop/scenery pieces and 20 different double-sided characters which are also magnetised so that they can't fall over.   

It also includes my newest pull-out Alice books, which are also available as a kit.


***This kit is free with orders of £50
or more during the online showcase.


Still on the Alice theme....

Alice doll trunk with Humpty Dumpty

Musical Alice Set

There are also several new mignonette toy dolls in all the colours of the rainbow....




I've also made another of my miniature musical mignonette automatons with a different selection of classical piano music....


There's much more, available now on the website, including

  • An amazing bumper pack of never to be repeated fairy tale-themed kits.
  • A new range of Rainbow Mignonette toy dolls
  • A new toy doll kit
  • Clearance 1/12th doll kits
  • Book Saver Bundle
  • Ready to Dress Micro dolls and related supplies
  • Rare, discontinued hairstripe silks
As ever, any questions, just contact me and I'll do my best to help. 😊








2 comments:

Megan Schetsche said...

Your show offerings look very alluring, Sandra. I wish you lots of sales!
How the summer has flown by, I can't believe I've been in Germany for three months and I'm heading back to South Africa next week.
I haven't been productive at all while I was here, blaming it on the lack of a proper workshop with supplies, and pulling out my other good excuse, I fell of my bicycle and broke my right arm six weeks ago. You're also dealing with some big challenges in the background, so I admire your perseverance.
We probably don't need to talk about the weather, we had the same dry, hot, hot one here in Europe. I must say that I'm enjoying these last few cooler days, knowing I'm just in time to head to a hot African summer!
Bloglovin, where I was following everyone's posts, rolled up their rug and disappeared. As I think of the people I regularly follow, I have to find their blogs again. For now, I'm saving the links on my computer, need to find an alternative blog feed provider.
I'm heading off to the online show now to see everyone's beautiful work.
Viele Gruße aus Deutschland!
Megan

Daydreamer said...

Dear Sandra,
My computer is giving me trouble with my blog and access to the ones I am following! I saw an update about the Kensington Show and the Small Dog pull toy.... but am having trouble accessing anything properly! Add to that I will be away for the middle of September and don't have time to fix anything.
Are there any Small Dog pull toy kits remaining? (I fear not, knowing her popularity....)
Let me know and I would love to have one!
Cheers,
Betsy
aka Daydreamer