Tuesday 7 February 2023

À la recherche du temps perdu.....

It's just over two years since we lost Small Dog and I feel it just as keenly now as then.  She was the inspiration for many of my favourite blog posts over the years and I do miss our 'konversayshuns'.

I was thinking of her earlier as I created one unholy guddle* in my erstwhile workroom, trying to organise my closing down sale.  I think it would have gone something like this....

Scene: Sandra's workroom.  Piles of boxes litter every flat surface, including the floor. Sandra sits marooned in the middle of the chaos, staring out of the window.

A faint furry apparition appears and gradually takes a corporeal form.

SD: *tetchily* Blimee murm.... yoo wood knott bileeve the trubbl ai had getten heer.  Ai hadd too fil in a form in tripplikit.  The bewrockrassy in doggie hevven is getten ridikewluss.

Me:*surprised* Oh, hello SD!  I wasn't expecting you here today.  How lovely to see you....

SD:*impatiently* Wel no... and yess.  Of korse itt is luvly but ai wos fourst to kum.  Ai koodent jusst leev yoo in this messs.  Whott on erth is goen onn?

Me:*gratefully* Things have got out of hand I'll admit.  I think I'm going a bit mad. 

SD:*quietly* Kno chainj ther thenn....

Me:*defensively*  Look.  I know how this appears, but it will all get sorted, I can assure you.  And whe...... 

SD:*taking charge* Ai wil stopp yue ther.  Ai kno it musst be difikult fore yoo.... klosen doun yore bizniss and awl.  Plus yue doant hav me arownd to helpp.  Reemembr all thoas tymes I wun Employea of the Munth.... gude tymes.   Butt yue hav to moov onn. 

Me:*reflectively* I think you only got Employee of the Month once, but that aside, yes, you're right.  I do have to move on.  And I am, honestly.  I'm just a tad beleaguered at the moment. It's all a bit too much....

SD:*sympathetically* Aim knott surprysd.  Yuve bean poorlie and AI havent bean heer to giv you the Healen Porr and lett you stroak me for ours.  And now yuve maid a rite mess in heer and kant sea the wude fore the trees.  Yue ar ovurwhelmd with stuf.

Me:*tearfully* Yes. I've lost the plot.  I should just concentrate on one thing at a time instead of trying to do it all at once.  And now everything is such a mess I don't know how I'll ever sort it out.

SD:*calmingly* Its okai.  Aill hellp.  Jusst knosentrait on wun smol area att a tyme and kleer it.  Eithr put things to sel or bak in the bocks on the shelff.  Yue doant hav to do it orl at wuns.  Trie 30 minitts then take a brake.  Hav a kup of tee and a biskitt.  A REELI GUDE biskitt....knott the wuns we yewst to hav at manijment meetens.   Plai Wurdle.  Pik up weemails. Then go bak to itt fore anuthr 30 minitts.... and sew on. 

Me:*brightening* You're amazing SD.  Yes, break it down into bite sized chunks.

SD:*with the air of a job well done* See!  Itts knott difikult.  Yue KAN do itt.  

Me:*determinedly* Yes. I can.  Thank you SD.  How can I ever rep....

Small Dog gradually fades away... her lovely, bright eyes lingering for just a few seconds more.

Me:*resignedly* Right.  Better get on then.  Might just have a cup of tea and a biscuit first though.....


1 comment:

Daydreamer said...

*sniff* Small Dog to the rescue again!
:)