Friday 18 August 2023

2023 Advent Box ...#2

Today is all about lists.  I have so many lists I'm going to need another list to keep track of all the lists. I also to draft a realistic schedule to keep to.  I have a long, distinguished history of making a brilliant, early start on projects then resting on my laurels until a deadline approaches and panicking like crazy.

However, if there's one thing I learnt from doing this last year (and trust me, there's MANY) it's to keep track of stuff.  It was all a bit chaotic back then, and although I'm relatively good at multitasking I ended up spinning so many metaphorical plates that inevitably several of them ended up in pieces.

So... this time.  Lists.

  • Mailing list of people who want details.  If that's you, HELLO! *waving*
  • List of individual kit ideas (this is constantly changing at the moment)
  • List of components I already have, or can make myself
  • List of components I'll have to source or buy
  • List of packaging... bags and boxes 
That last list is a doozer.  Last year I miscalculated and ending up having to order additional paper bags several times.  And yes, it has to be paper bags in order to conceal the contents of each one so that there's a surprise every day.  I made all the number stickers last time and will do so again, not least because most sets of advent stickers are numbered 1-24 but as I include a special kit for Christmas Day itself, I need 1-25.

Also, this year, I'm going to need a bigger box! I managed to fit last year's 25 kits in a standard A5 mailing box, but I'll definitely have to find something bigger and deeper this time. 
😉



2 comments:

Daydreamer said...

Oh Goodie!!!! I a Bigger Box!!!! :):) I mean, we all like Tiny things... but it's always better if it is a Big Box of tiny things! :):):)
Waving back and cheering you on!

Sandra Morris said...

Ha! Thanks Betsy... I need all the encouragement I can get!
Sx