Monday 9 October 2023

2023 Advent Box ...#5


I've been a bit lax with Advent Box updates lately, but in my defence I've been quite poorly and juggling multiple hospital visits for scans and tests.  As a result, my deadline of having all the boxes ready to despatch by 1st November is definitely going to slip, possibly by up to 2 weeks.  

That said, so far, I've managed to design, make and package 17 sets of kits, and the remaining 8 are all in progress, although I've left the hardest ones till last so they will take longer than most of the others. 

Last year's theme was Fairy Tales.  This year's theme is, of course, a closely guarded secret. Well, to be fair, there are two closely linked themes, with a few tangential kits thrown in.  It will include a 'structure.' Also, this year I'm including 2 doll projects, neither of which have ever been available as kits.

The growing collection of completed kits is pleasing, and knowing I have just 8 sets to complete is satisfying.  Of course it doesn't stop there.  I'll have to decide on the daily sequence of kits, conceal them in their stealth packaging, and number each one.  It's only then I'll be able to finalise what size mailing box I'll need and order them.

I now have 78 people on my 'interested' list, which is brilliant.  However, I will have a grand total of 25 Advent Boxes available, so unfortunately, not everyone will be successful.  Last year I produced 20 full scale 25-day boxes, which was a major undertaking.  The additional 5 this year may not sound like much, but it's an extra 125 kits, on top of the existing 500.  A total of 625 kits, and I've designed and made every single one of them. 

One thing I can say for absolutely certain sure.  This is definitely my final Advent Box ever. 

I'm all boxed out.  But I'm finally on the home straight.

So when I package the final kit, you'll likely hear a whoop of victory, closely followed by the sound of a bottle of something cold and fizzy being popped.  

Can't wait.....




  

2 comments:

Daydreamer said...

Dear Sandra, You are a Wonder Woman!!!
I Seriously hope I am on your "definitely want one list"!! I have been having trouble commenting on blogs recently... blogger did something.... so I'm giving this message a try in the hopes it will post!
I'm sorry to hear you have been troubled with illness.... never fun...:(
I will be listening for the pop of the cork...!!! :):)

Sandra Morris said...

Hey Betsy... yes you are ;) Sx