Sunday 26 September 2021

Guilty as charged.....

I am soooooo bad at sticking to one project at a time.  I invariably have at least two or three projects on the go, which I'm sure is a common issue familiar to miniaturists the world over. However, at the moment I have a grand total of six, all competing for my attention following my eye surgery lay-up.

SIX!!!!! 

Even by my standards that's quite a lot.  To be fair, it's all completely my fault, as just a few weeks ago I only had five, which, admittedly, is still quite excessive.  Then I was sorting through my ideas box and one thing led to another and now I have six.

Of course, instead of parking the sixth project, to concentrate on the others, which are all much more advanced, I did the complete opposite, and plunged head first into the sixth one and now I'm starting to panic as juggling six projects is just a one way ticket to misery and madness and the workroom is a complete mess and I'm getting all muddled up with what I should be doing......

*STOP! Calmly.... breathe*

So anyway, only two of the six projects are for myself.  Namely a 1/24th scale shop kit which PP got me for Christmas 3 years ago, and my Mignonette Doll Box which I'm doing along with members of the Mignonette Doll Club as our 2021 project.

Don't you just love a project which has a set timescale?  Back in January I was convinced that a whole year was more than enough time to complete my box, and I did get off to a flying start...

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

I have made more progress since then, including installing a musical movement plus all the layers and compartments,  and I've made a start on the 1/12th scale doll but as my eyesight has been compromised she's not quite finished.

I'm sure I could complete it in the next three months, but I'm not making any promises which I know I will probably break, even if those promises are to myself.

The other four projects are all work-related kits, and I'm tantalisingly close to completing two of them.  So it would make so much more sense to push on and get them sorted than starting a completely new one, but hey....... that's just the way I roll.






2 comments:

Daydreamer said...

Dear Sandra, You are NOT alone with this affliction! Add to my process an extra bubble that says..."new project mysteriously quadruples in complexity and size the minute I get to step two..." !! Hence, more reasonable excuses for not ever finishing...! And endless loops of new ideas... But at least I am having fun! I can't wait to see more of your Annabelle box... I have been so tempted to do one of those too... maybe I should try it in 144th scale..??? Oh dear..... hmmm... This is a problem!!! :)

Sandra Morris said...

Thanks Betsy..... I think that crafters of all types probably do this. And yes, definitely agree with the hidden complexities suddenly revealed soon after starting.
As for making a mignonette doll box in 144th!!!!!!!! Yikes!