Monday 8 July 2019

Back to work.....

The recent hiatus in posts was due to us being away on holiday in lovely Croatia, which was absolutely wonderful.  A whole week of sea, sun, sand and snoozing, interspersed with trips to Dubrovnik and the surrounding area.

It was our first all-inclusive holiday, so on our return I approached the bathroom scales with a mixture of fear and trepidation as we'd inevitably over-indulged.  Let's just say that if we ever do another I'll be at pains to lose several pounds beforehand to limit the damage.

However, back at work properly today, having finally cleared my email inbox of 500+ messages, and packaging the orders which came in while we were away.

I'm easing myself back into work mode by making a To Do list for the coming month. I still need to finish off the makeover in the workroom, although at least now it's usable, so there's no dramatic rush.  I should definitely be able to complete it over the next few weeks *fingers firmly crossed*

There is a small mountain of stuff on the dining room table which I need to list on the website for my ongoing downsizing exercise, and I also have a few interesting projects in mind which will hopefully come to fruition over the coming weeks.

One of those interesting projects is this....


This wonderful Mignonette Presentation Box came up in my Pinterest feed in May, and I've been on the hunt for a similar octagonal-shaped box ever since.  At the point of peak chaos in the workroom, just before I started work on my cabinet bureau, I found one on Ebay....

A well-packaged box duly arrived.....




Now admittedly, it's not something to which I'd usually ever give house room, but it IS an octagonal shaped box.


Obviously, despite the fact that complete mayhem was unfolding in the workroom, I just couldn't resist starting Phase 1......


So.... I took out the glass insert from inside the lid, and set about removing the pink velvet jewellery pads in the base.

Thankfully, at that point I came to my senses and put it all in a box pending a less chaotic time to concentrate on transforming it into a wonderful doll presentation box filled with wonderful things.

Well that's the plan anyway.  However in the meantime I must get back to that To Do list.....





No comments: