Thursday 10 October 2019

Flagging.....

Office makeover - Day 4

I am never, ABSOLUTELY NEVER, doing an office makeover.... ever again!

Not only is the entire ground floor awash with office stuff, and we can't find a damn thing, I'm also teetering on the edge of complete and utter exhaustion.  I suspect I was a tad deluded over-optimistic about my energy levels/competence/enthusiasm for the project, especially given events of the past few months.  I'm a firm believer in 'doing good stuff is positive' but all I'm positive about at the moment is that when it's done I want to sleep for several days.

Granted, progress has been made.  Over the past four days the office has been emptied, cleaned and the feature wall papered.  The bookshelves (which are an absolute pain in the derriere to paint) have had two coats of paint and are currently drying on the dining room table.  I'm dead beat now, so if they need another coat it will have to be done tomorrow.

Also, tomorrow we're planning to fit the new carpet, which will probably take 3-4 hours and no end of cussing.  We need to find a big enough space somewhere in the house to lay out the new piece, so that we can use the old carpet as a template to mark out the cutting lines.... which means moving even more stuff *sigh*.

Then, over the weekend we can begin the process of relocating the desks, bookshelves, filing cabinet and all the office stuff.

After which I can take my time to make the finishing touches.... well, yes, alright..... the bunting.  Plus I have to make SD's cosy nook, recover the pin boards and add some quirky elements and accessories.

I'm sure it will look lovely when it's finished, but right now I wish I'd never started......


2 comments:

Bleue said...

Bless your heart, you have just been through the ringer and all of your cleaning/rearranging on top of everything else..no wonder you are exhausted. I know you will love the new look of your efforts once you can sit back and enjoy it, it's just getting there. Thanks for inspiring me to do some of the same cleaning in my own house. Boy, does it need it!

Be kind to yourself. I'm sending extra hugs! Jane

Sandra Morris said...

Awww.... thanks Jane :)
I always start these things with loads of vim and vigour but it's not long before I'm wishing I'd never begun. After the carpet goes down the worst will be over and I can then do the fun stuff. Sx