Saturday 4 January 2020

Happy New Year.....!

Regular blog readers will know that January and February are my two least favourite months of the year. This weekend in particular hits a specific nadir, as I've just spent several hours removing all traces of Christmas from our house.

Gone is the tree, resplendent with hundreds of sparkling white lights.  
Gone too is the mantelpiece garland, festooned with lights.
There is no trace of the greenery swags down the staircase, with their interwoven lights... although there is a trail of glitter all down the stairs which I can't quite bring myself to hoover up.

The little bird-decorated tree in the dining room has been packed away, and all the other decorations from throughout the house have been carefully wrapped and stored in boxes for another year.

Despite still having a variety of fairy lights in the sitting room, it still feels rather gloomy and the prospect of the worst of the winter still in waiting isn't helping with my January blues.

However, from tomorrow I aim to hit the ground running and get back to work so perhaps if I just keep my head down and focus, it will be spring before I know it......




No comments: