Sunday 22 November 2020

The final countdown.....

Phew.... it's been a very busy few weeks!  I've spent hours every day listing items on the new website.

It's not an easy task. 

Photos have to be taken and retaken.... resized and optimised to fit.  There's no option to copy/paste listings, so each one has to be done manually, in a series of steps which have to be taken in the correct order otherwise I have to start again.

It's time consuming and frustrating, and every few hours I have to take a break and do something else.

I spent a fruitless half day trying to insert a snippet of code to provide a currency converter for international customers with no success.  I've handed that task over to PP, who has more technical skills than I.  She also sorted out my information pages, which didn't look quite right.

It's clear that my skills are better suited to dollmaking than website management and I'm looking forward to Friday, when the site is scheduled to go live and I can hopefully relax.     The KDF Christmas Showcase will run from Friday 27th November till Friday 4th December, and during that time the December Mini Miniature Show will also be live. 

On an even more exciting note, the final copies of my book have arrived and I've been carefully checking the delivery and making preparations for the launch on Friday. 

Having worked pretty much every day since March, I'm looking forward to some much-needed downtime and decorating our house for Christmas.  Of course, at the moment, we still have no idea what we'll be doing over the festive season.  A big, family Christmas is out of the question, but we're hoping that some form of celebration will be possible.... either virtual or actual.

In the meantime, this week, I'm on the final countdown to my book launch and the KDF showcase.

No pressure then.... *deep breaths*


3 comments:

Dorothy In PA said...

This sounds like good news all around! So yeaaaaa!

Rosanna Rolla said...

WOW !!! I am eager to see your book ! Congratulations !!!

Sandra Morris said...

Thanks ladies..... :)