Friday 13 September 2024

Crazy crochet lady.....

Back in what passed for our summer, I wrote about my burgeoning love affair with crochet.  Having finally cracked the crochet code, my enthusiasm knows no bounds and I'm now on square number 91 of my very first 100 square blanket.

Notice one very important word in that last sentence..... 'first'.

I'm already beginning to feel bereft at the thought of finishing my first blanket.  I shall miss settling down of an evening to hook a square or two, sorting and organising the gorgeous yarn colours, carefully labelling each completed square and laying it in gently in a little organza bag along with its 10 labelled neighbours.

Granted, I still have 10 squares to go, then I have to block them, sew them together, then make the border, but the end is in sight and I'm feeling twitchy.

So I have already lined up my next TWO crochet projects.  Another granny square blanket using a floral pattern, and a small laptop blanket with a flowerpress theme.  At this rate the house will be snowed under with colourful, handmade blankets, which, to me, is in no way a problem! 

As we slide into autumn, I normally experience a definite dip in my mood, and this year, for many reasons, will be no different, so I need to have a tranche of 'projects' lined up, so watch this space.... 






2 comments:

Daydreamer said...

Hi Sandra! I am glad you are going strong with your project! And having a pile of "the things I love to make" waiting is a sure way to get through the down times. I use petit-point embroidery the same way... I have (ahem) at least a dozen unfinished and not yet started kits in process.... of all sizes and scales .... easy to hand for those stressful times when you just need to be making something! :) Of course, they are all miniatures... which doesn't mean they are easy!!

Sandra Morris said...

Oh I have a pile of mini projects on the go too! You can never have too many on the waiting list. It's finding the time to even start them that the problems start.