Saturday 20 August 2016

All the world's a stage......

Yes, I'm still here.  

I'm sure my usual drivel shimmering prose has been sorely missed of late but in my defence I have been extraordinarily busy.

As well as helping to dismantle and dispose of a venerable garden shed, then acquiring, erecting and painting a new one, I've also been steadily preparing my workshops for the CMW Event in October.

Most recently I've completed a kit which will be included with the Parisian Toy Kiosk workshop and which is now available on our website. 

A full set of Fairy Tale characters

The kit also includes a storage box for the characters


Create scenes from four different Fairy Tales
Originally published in 1900 by the London firm Raphael Tuck & Sons, this wonderful little toy theatre was one of the most elaborate chromolithographed toys they produced.

My kit includes everything you need to complete the theatre, including changeable scenery backdrops, curtains and 16 different precision cut characters and vignettes plus a little storage box with illustrated lid.

The theatre allows you to create scenes from four of our best loved fairy tales

Red Riding Hood
Sleeping Beauty
Puss in Boots
Cinderella

The characters are magnetised and can easily be moved around the stage without falling over!  Perfect in your 1/12th scale nursery, playroom or toy shop.

To complement my Everything Alice workshop session on the Friday, I have also created a Wonderland Toy Theatre Kit, complete with 20 different precision cut characters and scenery vignettes.  This wooden theatre is illuminated and features a storage drawer in the base to store the characters.

Illuminated Wonderland Toy Theatre Kit

Cast of 20 precision cut characters






I only have a few of both these kits, which are now available on the website.... HERE

I still have a few places left on each of my workshop sessions which can be booked via the CMW website.  Bookings received before the end of August can have a choice of colours for both the Parisian Toy Kiosk and Jumeau-Style Doll in Trunk with Accessories.

If you need any further information, do contact me and I'll do my best to help! 






No comments: