Tuesday 3 January 2017

Day 3 - Hi ho, hi ho....

... It's back to work I go.

*sigh*

That's the trouble with taking time off... it's always a bit of a shock to the system when it's over.  

Having partially blitzed my workroom yesterday, today I'm girding my loins to start on a batch of casting.  Not my best favourite doll-related activity at the best of times, it's even more of a mission when it's cold.

Porcelain slip is funny stuff.  

Not funny 'Ha Ha'.  

Funny peculiar.

It's aptly named as it is very, VERY slippy and gets everywhere.  In colder weather it's particularly unpleasant to work with, takes longer to set up in the moulds, and is generally more uncooperative than usual.  My hands will be coated with it.

I'm aiming to do an hour's casting each day this week, interspersed with other things. Working on my little 1/144th French house, having a proper sort out in La Mignonette, starting some new dressed toy dolls, and planning a 'Box of the Month' thingy which came to me as an epiphany yesterday.

More of that anon....

In the meantime, should anyone need me, I'll be in the workroom, up to my elbows in porcelain slip.


4 comments:

rosanna said...

Sounds no fun at all....

Unknown said...

Box of the month sounds interesting...

Sandra Morris said...

Rosanna.... no, not much fun. But very necessary if I'm to replenish my stock of little dolls and toys.

elizabeth s said...

I have never worked with porcelain slip so reading this post was very interesting. I am unfamiliar with the entire process of doll-making. I hope that you will write more about it, because not only is the subject i interesting but I also enjoy your writing style. :D