Monday 5 November 2018

Inspirational Toy Dolls - Rose

Way back in July I posted about starting to make a series of toy dolls based on inspirational images of antique dolls I'd found on the internet and pinned to my Inspirational Toy Dolls Pinterest board.

Since then I've been having the best fun ever, working on some rather lovely little dolls, of which Rose is the first.


While scrolling through the images, this one caught my eye as I remembered that somewhere in my stash of beautiful silk ribbons and trims, I have a few inches of embroidered silk ribbon with pale pink and green ombre shading, just like the one on the original doll and I was off......


Completely handmade, she is all-bisque and has jointed arms and legs.  Her facial features have been china painted and fired several times.   Also, during the summer, following an epiphany,  I engineered an ingenious new method to replicate the shimmering iridescence of domed glass paperweight eyes.

I decided to give her a hairstripe silk jacket, which has the same colours as the dress.  To add interest I made the tiny gold/crystal buttons down the front of the bodice.  

Suitable as a doll for a 1/12th scale doll's house child, she is also perfect as a 1/24th scale child.  


As a finishing touch she has a tiny Paris card stitched to her sleeve.  I've designed a completely new, bespoke box, in pink to match her costume, with an illustrated lid.  For shipping, in the box, she will be nestled in tissue paper.


She will also be accompanied by a signed certificate of authenticity.

One of a kind, she is unique and will not be repeated.... especially as I don't have any more of the lovely ombre silk ribbon.



She is the first of my Inspirational Toy Dolls to be offered for sale and she is now available on the website HERE.

More dolls inspired by my Pinterest board will be coming in the following weeks, but if you can't wait, or want me to make one specially for you, feel free to browse the images HERE then contact me to discuss your requirements.  

Happy days........  😊




2 comments:

Megan Schetsche said...

She's stunning!

Sandra Morris said...

Thanks Megan.... I really enjoyed making her and am already looking forward to the next little mignonette :)