Saturday 6 April 2019

Shazzam....!

..... And just like that, quarter of the year has already gone by in a flash!

How have we ended up in April already?

Time seems to be doing funny things lately... here's a 'for instance'.
This week I started sorting out the paperwork for doing the annual accounts.
Nothing unusual there you might think.... but here's the thing.
It wasn't even the end of the tax year!!!!!

I had started doing a thing for a thing which hadn't even happened yet! From the reigning Queen of Procrastination this is unheard of!  Today, on the first day of the new tax year, I'm in a position to acutually make a start on those pesky accounts, which means that they might be complete before the end of the month.

Again.... unheard of.

I think I may have inadvertently slipped into some sort of weird-time envelope, where time passes simultaneously slower AND faster than normal.  Perhaps it's a new phenomenon, previously unknown to physics and quantum mechanics.

Of course, for every 'up' there is a 'down', and projects which should be nearing completion, having started them in January, are no further forward, so maybe my newly discovered time displacement thing only works on stuff I don't like doing.

Like the annual accounts.

*sigh*


1 comment:

Megan Schetsche said...

Well done getting a start on the paperwork!