Sunday 9 February 2020

Thinking aloud.....

Thanks to everyone who took the time to contact/message/email me following my  'New Venture' post yesterday. It's much appreciated.

As well as wishing me luck in my new Bunting & Bows venture, most of you asked if I was giving up micro dollmaking, or planning to close Tower House Dolls.

The answer to both of those questions is no.  At least for the time being.

Over the past few years I have been gradually downsizing....  sloughing off parts of the business that I no longer wished to continue.

One-to-one and group teaching, one day workshops, kit design and production, toys and games.... to the point now where I'm finally back at the core of what I enjoy doing most.... designing and creating miniature toy dolls.  

Very special tiny wee dolls for doll's house dolls. A scale within a scale.

Challenging? Absolutely
Enjoyable? Mostly
Rewarding? Definitely!

For the remainder of my dollmaking career, (which began almost 31 years ago), I will be concentrating on making beautiful, one-of-a-kind tiny dolls.  Over the next few months I'll be restructuring the Tower House Dolls website and listing the gorgeous little dolls I've been quietly creating over the course of the past year.... all inspired by wonderful vintage dolls from my Pinterest boards.

I do relish a challenge, so if you'd like to see me recreate a particular doll in micro-miniature please feel free to browse my boards and select a costume.  This would not constitute an order or commission, purely a bit of fun.

I have several Pinterest boards where I hoard collect antique doll images:



Inspirational Toy Dolls

Miniature Costumes & Accessories

Mignonette Dolls

So........ let's play  😉







2 comments:

Daydreamer said...

Dear Sandra, I am so glad to hear you will be continuing to make your wee tiny dolls!!! As you know, I have a few.:) My current project is making them an appropriate "home"... a doll maker's workshop! So I thank you for the inspiration, the many kits, the projects and the little dolls! And I will look forward to seeing the new one-of-a-kinds.... and hopefully (for my pocket-book) I will not be smitten with All of them! :)

Sandra Morris said...

Awww... thanks :)
It warms my heart to know that my little dolls have such good homes.
Good luck with the dollmaker's workshop... would love to see some photos.
Sxx