Wednesday 30 September 2020

End of an era.....

Eeeeek!  So it's done.

The THD website is in hibernation...we have no idea whether it will remain online as it is, or whether it will suddenly disappear in a puff of ether, but aside from the home page it is essentially dormant.



I feel a bit panicky, as though a lifeline has been cut, which is ridiculous, as I still have my blog and the THD FB page which I can use as sales channels, but the standalone simplicity of the website has gone.

There will be a slight hiatus before the new site is ready to launch.... partly through necessity and partly deliberately, as we need to thoroughly test it to remove any glitches and I'm still working on uploading content.  Also I will have several new lines and need to make sure that I have enough stock.

So the next few weeks will be a whirlwind of activity, although there is a limit to the amount of time I can spend on the new website before my brain attempts to clamber out through my ears and strangle me. 

However, in other news, the book is coming along nicely and I'm tentatively on track to have it ready to go to print by the end of October.  I have to complete photos for 30 pages, then thoroughly edit, edit, edit and check for errors.

The cover design is also progressing and overall I'm pleased with how the whole thing is turning out.  Of course until I see an actual proof copy I won't know exactly how it will translate from my laptop screen onto the printed page, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. 

So.... I'd better go and get on then. 

No displacement activity here.

No siree.

*sigh*





No comments: