Sunday 5 February 2023

Makeover planning.....

I've lost count of how many makeovers I've carried out in my workroom.  One of the most dramatic was several years ago, when I upcycled an unloved mahogany bureau cabinet into a thing of beauty.

Since then I've posted about my lovely room several times, perhaps most memorably HERE

So, as the room is gradually being cleared in preparation for my final sale, I'm turning my mind to how it might look post-retirement.  I will still need a space to be creative.  I have a few boxes of undressed dolls which I'm looking forward to transforming.  In fact, while I've been poorly over recent weeks,  I started watching the BBC series Marie Antoinette, which features a range of mouthwatering costumes I'd love to recreate in micro-miniature.

But I digress....

I'd been thinking of getting rid of some of the storage, most notably the run of cupboard base units at the back of the room.  But that seems shortsighted.  I can store my sewing machine, Cricut, and other stuff in them, now that all my molds and dollmaking tools have been sold along with my kiln.  That would provide some much needed floor space.

I might also re-arrange the shelves along the wall.... I've already freed up load of space on the two shelf units which flank my bureau, so the books I want to keep might all fit on those, rendering the other shelves redundant.  I have a spot in mind for them in one of the bedrooms. 

Plans are fairly fluid.... I will probably change my mind several times over coming weeks.  But it's heartening that I now feel well enough to think about planning and re-organising.

I do love a project, but in the meantime.....



1 comment:

Daydreamer said...

Dear Sandra, I am glad to hear you are feeling well enough to make plans! I look forward to seeing the results of the big clean-out! :):)