Monday 30 January 2023

65 days and counting......

I now have just 65 days till Tower House Dolls closes its doors.  That's not much time to do everything which needs to be done, plus being so poorly for the past 6 weeks has effectively lost me the whole of January.

Needless to say I have several lists on the go, utilising my time-honoured practice of writing down stuff to do then waiting patiently for the stuff to be done.  It's never worked but I continue to live in hope.  

However the knowledge that there are just 65 days has galvanised me into something approaching action and I've made a start on my final sale list.  It's hard deciding what to keep and what has to go but with each passing day I'm sure it will get easier as I gradually lose the will to live.  In my defence, I've already gone through all my boxes of vintage lace and have now started on my trimmings and fabrics, which admittedly will be harder to whittle down.

In addition,  there are all the boxes of components and miniature bit and pieces.                          Miniature tools                                                                                                                                                Books and patterns                                                                                                                                          Miniatures from my own collection....  there's a LOT to sort out.

Also, while the next 65 days will be a whirlwind of activity I can't yet clearly see what lies beyond.  Hopefully a re-modelled hobby room, where I can be messily creative without the need to focus on what might sell.  

Whatever happens, it will definitely be strange.... I'm feeling a bit unmoored already!



No comments: