Sunday 16 April 2023

Clean sweep.... Take 2

I posted last month about our new cleaner and how lovely it was to have a sparkling house after her visit.  Buoyed by the sparkliness, I worked hard to maintain clear, clean surfaces in the kitchen, neatly plumped cushions in the lounge, and dust free corners in the hallway.

The following week we waited in fervent anticipation but a few hours before the scheduled visit, we had a message to let us know there was a domestic situation and she couldn't come that day, but would do so the next.  Fair enough... these things happen.

Next day, same thing, except she'd visit the following week instead.  Following week, another message saying she couldn't come.

Impasse.

Now, I can completely understand if she thought that coming for one hour wasn't cost effective, but we did explicitly ask her about that and she said it was fine.  

I can completely understand if she disliked us at first sight and thought our house was unbearably messy and dirty.  But that was the whole point of asking to her to pop in beforehand to meet us and see the house and what we wanted her to do.

I can completely understand that people do have things crop up which means they have to change their plans and reschedule stuff.

But I can't understand why stringing people along for several weeks in the sure and certain knowledge that you won't be going back at all, makes any sense..  It only serves to breed a simmering resentment and a distrust of the species in general.

So.  Back to the drawing board.  I contacted the other young lady we'd seen in our initial 'interview' process, but didn't hear back from her.  

Or so I thought.  Turns out she did respond but I didn't get the expected notification of her message on the community noticeboard thingy.   

Having sorted out the initial communication snaggings, we're expecting her this Thursday, so we'll see how that goes.  I can now understand why people become wedded to their cleaners if they're dependable and reliable.... clinging onto them through thick and thin.

I even bought a new spray mop.....  sheesh! 




No comments: