Tuesday 25 April 2023

Patio attack.... Part 2

Due to an overabundance of April showers, progress on the patio has been slow going.  However I can at least see where I've been, as about 75% of the patio paving stones have been cleaned and I've been making progress on the outdoor seating gazebo.

This is what it looked like before I started... an undercover winter storage area for assorted 'stuff'.


After I'd cleared and cleaned the floor, I replaced last year's 'zen garden' scene on the fence at the end with a Mediterranean themed scene.  It will look much more convincing when I've added foliage garlands along the top and softened the sides with plants.


I finally finished the waterproof curtain panels for the sides of the gazebo, to add more protection from showers.....


I'm really rather pleased with them, especially as they took absolute ages to make as the fine nylon fabric was an absolute bugger to sew, but PP was somewhat less convinced.

Scene: Seating area of the patio after hanging the first set of curtains.

Me: *proudly*  There!  What do you think?

PP:*dubiously*  Hmmmmm..... I'm not sure

Me:*crestfallen* You don't like them then?  

PP:*thoughtfully* Looks a bit like a brothel.

Me:*incredulously* A BROTHEL???????? 

PP:*hurriedly* Well maybe not a brothel exactly.  More a...... *searching frantically for the appropriate word*

Me:*sarcastically* A bordello perhaps.  Or a bawdy house maybe.

PP:*floundering* No.... I didn't mean.....

Me:*hands on hips* A den of iniquity, a house of ill-repute, a cathouse...

PP:*placatingly* No...no.... more like a....

Me:*eyes narrowed*

PP:*carefully* Erm... like a Turkish harem.  All exotic and mysterious....

Me:*mollified* Hmmph... OK, I'll take that.  That's exactly the effect I was going for.

PP beats a hasty retreat indoors.

Anyway, undeterred, yesterday I hung the other pairs of curtains to complete the effect...


Still lots to do to finish the area but I did manage to give Zebby a good clean and touch up, and make her a new jewelled headdress and here she is re-installed on the wall of greenery.

Would jewelled earrings be too
much d'you think....?

If the weather co-operates over the next few days I might get the seating re-instated and sort out the planters.  Fingers crossed...

No comments: