Wednesday 25 March 2020

Self-Isolation Sanity Preservation Kits......Number 1

I've started and abandoned several blog posts over the past week, as the situation has been changing so quickly.  Things which seemed unthinkable just a few short weeks ago are now the new normal. Everyone's plans have been thrown into wild disarray and many of us are looking down the wrong end of a spell of self-isolation which could last for far longer than 12 weeks.

Drastic situations call for innovative solutions, and many businesses which can no longer trade normally are looking for different ways of doing things, ourselves included.

I had stopped making toy kits a few months ago, but over the weekend, at the Mini Miniature Show, almost all of my remaining kits, as well as all of the Red Riding Hood travelling toy theatre cart kits were snapped up.  Presumably, with lots of additional time to fill, people are looking for easy-to-make projects which reward them with a lovely miniature at the end.

So, I'm going to raid my extensive back catalogue of kits plus my private collection of vintage games and books to produce a series of inexpensive small kits, which will fit into an A5 envelope, so I don't have to go into to the Post Office.

They won't be available on the website, as they will be very cheap to post and our shipping cart doesn't allow us to fine-tune postage rates for different countries.  So if you want one, just drop me an email and I'll send you a PayPal invoice.  

If you want to you know as when new ones are released,  simply submit your email address in the 'Follow By Email'  box on the right and by the magic of the interweb you'll receive blog updates in your inbox.... I'll mark them Self-Isolation Sanity Preservation Kits so you need only pay attention to the posts which interest you. 

So, the first one is a kit to make 4 different traditional Punch & Judy themed toys as pugnacious Mr Punch seemed a suitably anarchic subject for the current crisis.


The kit includes 2 boxed games, a 3D toy theatre and an illustrated book.







Boxed set of double sided precision cut Punch & Judy characters with illustrated lid



Boxed set of colourful vintage game cards



Precision cut 3D toy theatre





Book with 8 full colour illustrated pages

The kit includes an illustrated instruction booklet and all of the elements to make the minis shown above.
Within the UK the cost of this kit, including P&P is £10.   I'm happy to post worldwide and the cost will depend on where you are but as the kit will fit in a A5 postal envelope the cost of shipping will be much less than sending a standard package.

To order, please contact me with your email address and I'll send you a PayPal invoice.  Also please let me know where you are.  If you need any other information use the contact form and I'll do my best to help.

We're all in this together..... stay safe and well people.




No comments: