Saturday 28 March 2020

*sigh*

Yes, go on.

Say it.

You KNEW I'd start faffing around as soon as I sat down to start the annual accounts.... didn't you?

And you're not wrong.

No sooner had I settled down with the receipts Box of Doom than I suddenly remembered A Very Important Thing that I had to do straight away.
No it couldn't wait.  
Not even for a short while.  
It was really urgent.
I simply had to reorganise the icons on my laptop screen immediately.  I only had enough space for two more and it was obviously critical that I put all else aside to concentrate fully on the impending desktop crisis.

One of these icons was an image that I'd saved a while back as it really resonated with me in a very deep, emotional way.  It spoke to me and initiated a binding connection with my innermost soul.

What....
You want to see it?



I have to admit, I spent longer than strictly necessary, going through the various options, to determine which ones applied to me.

#1 The Cleaner -  tick. Obviously. As is evidenced by my urgent need to clean my laptop desktop.
#2 The Panicker - Hmmm.... not so much.  I rarely have deadlines these days, apart from self-imposed ones, and they're always subject to indefinite extension.
#3 The List Maker - double tick.  I've never happier than when I'm making lists.  Lists are my raison d'etre.  I am a list maker par excellence and my list making skills are legendary.
#4 The Napper - Not really.  Unless I'm poorly.  Small Dog, on the other hand.........
#5 The Sidetracker - triple tick. This way of thinking describes me perfectly.  I really should do something about it.
#6 The Social Sharer - No.  I don't do this.  Except... wait. Is that what I'm doing right now? 
#7 The Internet Researcher - multiple ticks. Although in my defence, the many hours spent on Pinterest are most definitely extremely important and invaluable. *cough*
#8 The Snacker - not so much.  Apart from the odd cup of tea and biscuit during the working day.  Very important to keep hydrated and blood sugar levels elevated for energy.  Plus Small Dog approves.
#9 The Gamer - definitely not.  I hardly ever play games.  Only very occasionally. Wordscapes doesn't count, does it?  
#10 The Watcher - no, I don't watch TV during the working day. Videos? Online videos?  Online videos of dogs and cats doing funny stuff?  *sigh*
#11 The Delegator - definitely not.  Well not very often. And only when PP will do something quicker, better and more efficiently than I will.  Oh, OK. Yes then.  
#12 The Perpetuator - it's a fair cop. 'Banged to rights' is the relevant phrase here. 

Still.... my laptop screen is lovely and tidy.  All the floating files and images have been neatly stored in folders, which I've carefully labelled so that I'll never be able to find them ever again.  
AND the entire process only took a few hours, plus the time to write this.
So plenty of the afternoon still left to get to grips with the accounts.  Which I WILL start straight after I've made a nice cup of tea.  

Thirsty work.... accounts.

No comments: