Tuesday 17 January 2023

Eeeek.....!!!

Today marked another very important step in winding down Tower House Dolls.  A helpful 'man with a van' just turned up to collect my lovely kiln, plus several boxes of dollmaking equipment, doll moulds, porcelain slip, and assorted related items and take everything to the new owner in Cambridgeshire.

I've been feeling low-level panicky all morning as it is now the point of no return when the prospect of retirement becomes properly real and there's no going back.  I even had a dream last night where I ran down the road behind the van, screaming at it to stop as I'd changed my mind.  

I've had various kilns over the past 35 years and they've always been a sort of security blanket.  My last one has definitely been the best, with its computer controlled, programmable controller, which has ensured perfect firings time after time, and none of the guesswork of earlier, more primitive models.  

Thankfully, to avoid terminal withdrawal symptoms, I have a reasonable stock of little porcelain dolls, which I can dress as and when the fancy takes me. 

I've also liberated a lot of space in my workroom, which I suppose I should now rename.

Hobby Room sounds a bit naff.  As does Craft Room.  I'll have to give it some thought......


No comments: