Sunday 8 April 2012

Easter Sunday......

It's a rather miserable, murky, mizzly day, with leaden grey skies and a steady fine drizzle.  It's also cold.

Very cold.

It's hard to believe that just a few short weeks ago we were basking in temperatures up in the 70s.  I knew it couldn't last.

My lovely daughter spent last night in a mountain tent on the shores of Ullswater, in the Lake District.  I haven't heard from her today so I hope she hasn't succumbed to exposure or hypothermia.  Normally we'd have been away camping this weekend too, although in the rather more luxurious, centrally heated comfort of our little caravan.  However due to a combination of relative penury, the looming fuel crisis, and a complete inability to get our act together to make a campsite booking, we've been at home over Easter for the first time in 7 years.

Small Dog has taken this particularly badly, as she is a keen camper, but we've placated her with the promise of a caravan outing later this month, by which time we're hoping the weather will have got its act together.

Having had the last two days off, I'm inclined to get into the workroom today and do some tentative tidying.  There was mayhem in the workroom last week as I had to get the April Kit of the Month completed, and the video tutorial made. I also need to compile my work schedule for next week, while being vaguely aware that it's THAT time of year again, when I have to do battle with the annual accounts.

*sigh*

I think I might leave that till later in the month.......

Or May.

May sounds like a good time to make a start.

 

No comments: