Tuesday 20 November 2012

Special delivery.....

We're quite excited as later today we're expecting a special delivery.  For the first time in over a decade, and in spite of the fact that we live less than half a mile from a huge Tesco Extra store, we're having our grocery shop delivered.

How exciting is that?*


PP discovered a whole bunch of online voucher codes on the internet which knocked nearly 40% off our shopping bill, but only on orders for delivery.  In these cash-strapped times that's not to be sniffed at, plus we're liberated from the soul-destroying 2-hour trudge round the store, packing it all into the car, unpacking it all again afterwards....

It's not my favourite use of what usually ends up being most of an afternoon.

In other news, if you pop over to the Miniature Christmas blog there are some newly released festive toy kits on the website, as well as several new deluxe and shabby chic toy dolls.

I've also found time to update progress on La Mignonette where I've been tiling the ground floor, with mixed results.  I'm cautiously hopeful I'll get it finished today, barring major problems.

How likely is that?#

Best go and get on then.

However in the meantime, because I've got nothing better to do, here's a random photo of Small Dog in her basket last night.  She was snoring loudly at the time.....


*well probably, admittedly, not very but I don't get out much and have to get my kicks where I can......

#well, probably, admittedly VERY likely, given that no two tiles are exactly the same size and therefore inevitable discrepancies have multiplied exponentially across the pattern.

No comments: