Friday 16 November 2012

TFI Friday....

Phew..... such a busy week. 

A lovely influx of pre-Christmas orders has resulted in my burning the midnight oil every day, but I've finally got on top of it all and the last of this week's orders will go out today.

In other news, my Twitter account has been hacked AGAIN!  I have to admit I don't really understand what Twitter is for.  I'm only just getting to grips with Facebook and that's taken several years, so Twitter has no chance.

This perplexes me.

As a keen exponent of our rich and varied language, I should relish the linguistic challenge of encapsulating a single thought in 140 characters.

But therein lies the rub.

The OCD element of my psyche would INSIST on my using EXACTLY 140 characters (no more, no less) in each and every tweet.  I would, eventually, drive myself completely insane and be found one day, foaming at the mouth on the floor of the office, tweeting incomprehensibly like an overgrown dickie bird.

So instead I take the easy way out and use Twitterfeed to put blog posts automatically on both FB and Twitter.  Apparently this marks me out as a Twitter philistine but sod it.

However, no matter what I do with cast-iron passwords etc, my Twitter account is regularly hacked and apparently malicious tweets are sent from my account to all and sundry.  This would be entertaining if it weren't potentially legally incendiary. 

So if you're in any one of my legion of contacts across all platforms.... Linkedin, FB, Twitter, Blogger etc etc etc and are receiving tweets apparently from me, telling you how to lose 2 stone in 2 weeks, or accusing you of genocide, please ignore them completely.  They're NOT from me.  It's someone's idea of a sick joke.  Someone who has way too much time on their hands and needs a good slap.

I'm this far from deleting my Twitter account altogether and relying purely on Blogger and FB as my networking tools of choice.  Or, as Small Dog insists on calling them, "soshallmeejah."

I don't know WHAT the world is coming to......



No comments: