Monday 6 November 2017

Lingering lurgy.....




It's now 8 days since the first cold symptoms heralded my descent into an intractable respiratory tract infection.

Today I have next to no voice at all, which some might say is A Good Thing.  I'm communicating using a mixture of mime and whispers, which Small Dog is finding unnecessarily amusing.  Predictably, she has tired of her nursemaid duties and is leaving me to own devices.

I've decamped into the sitting room with various reference books and notebooks and am spending the day working from the sofa. This is one of the main pitfalls of being self-employed and working from home.... work is inescapable.

Also no sick pay.

*sigh*

So.... as well as doing some of this...


...I've been trying to work out how to make something like this...

Of course to add to the challenge, that wig will have to fit a doll with a head just 10mm in diameter.

Fortunately, at weekends, creative people like nothing better than a sick, batshit crazy woman involving them in her lunatic plans, and after a flurry of emails and one very helpful phone call (thanks Malcolm!) I think I might be close to nailing down an impossibly tiny 18th century galleon to grace the wig of my Georgian lady toy doll.

Granted, when I explained that it needed to be so small there were almost certainly a few sharp intakes of breath, but it would appear that the seemingly impossible isn't.  There's still a ways to go but at least now I'm dealing with potential options rather the viability of the idea.

So yayy me!







2 comments:

Megan Schetsche said...

Nothing worse than being sick when you have lots to do. I hope the symptoms ease soon, and you have all your energy and enthusiasm back! Look after yourself.

Daydreamer said...

I'm so sorry about the lingering Lurgy....:( But the inspiration of the hairstyle is fantastic! I want that one when you do the kit!!! LOL! The ship is awesome to contemplate! Please keep me apprised of this as it develops! :)