Sunday 16 December 2018

Colour blind....

So.

I've finally finished the dining room makeover.  I've even made a new tablecloth as I couldn't find one in the exact colour I wanted.  I've also blinged up a candelabra and a chandelier canvas which previously echoed the old black chandelier prior to it's reincarnation as a thing of beauty.

I don't usually decorate the dining room for Christmas, other than laying a festive table, but I'm breaking with tradition this year and have added a small kitsch tree, covered in a flock of birds, which echo the birds in the wallpaper.

Granted the room is probably not to everyone's taste but I LOVE it.  The previously bland, boring and frankly underwhelmingly uninspiring room has been transformed into a colourful cornucopia which lifts my spirits every time walk in.










My recent dalliance with COLOUR has inspired me to look at other areas of the house which are currently tastefully neutral.   I do have to restrain myself though, as in the next few years we'll likely be selling up and downsizing, and I don't want prospective buyers to be blinded by my experimental colour choices.

Today we've been reorganising what was previously the Blue Room, but has just this year been painted Antique White.  It has been designated The Room Of Last Resort... ie the repository of all the stuff we don't know what to do with.  However, with ALL of our spare bedrooms having to be available over the festive period, we had no choice but to clear out all the extraneous stuff.

I have a zero tolerance policy to stuff.

Well, I say 'zero tolerance'..... it does depend on the stuff.  But honestly, stuff that's been under the bed for years without seeing the light of day is surely surplus to requirements.

Anyway, stuff aside, Antique White is all very well and good, but it's a bit.....well...  monochrome, and I feel that the room could do with a bit of added zing.  There's a whole wall with nothing on it which is just begging for something rather less white.

*watch this space....* 











6 comments:

Daydreamer said...

I Absolutely LOVE the "blinged" room!!! I am a fan of color... the more the merrier and there is no such thing as "clash" in my dictionary! LOL! The wallpaper is truly fabulous and the little tree with birds is perfect... but the chandelier is a Masterpiece! Can't wait for more....! :)

Sandra Morris said...

Awww.... thanks :)
Considering that my working life is all about colour, it's strange that I haven't fully embraced colour elsewhere.
Apart from blue. I'm very fond of blue.....

Rosanna Rolla said...

Absolutely wonderful !!! I love it to bits, that's truly my piece of cake.
Best wishes dear Sandra and Pam

Sandra Morris said...

Thanks Rosanna :)

Robin said...

FAB-U-LOUS!!!!!!!!!
Rxxx

Sandra Morris said...

Thanks Robin! :)