Wednesday 19 December 2018

Pre-Twixmas

As the year draws to a close, it's traditional to look back at what has been achieved, as well as forward to what the New Year will bring.

I do it every year. Some years are more successful than others.  Although, of course, *success* is always relative.

This year has been momentous in personal terms.  In professional terms.....not so much.  Some ongoing projects have languished for lack of time and/or enthusiasm so I'll start 2019 in my usual default position of playing catch up.

However, before then, comes the enchantment of the Twixmas period.  Next to Christmas Eve, Twixmas is my favourite time of the festive season.  Christmas Day and Boxing Day always go by in a blur of activity, but the following days, before New Year are generally a little oasis of calm, where time feels elastic and I traditionally like to start a new project, just for my own enjoyment.

This year will be no different, and I'm already looking forward to getting my present from PP, something which I've been coveting for over a year. 

I can't reveal what it is, as it would spoil the surprise, despite the fact I already know what it is.  However, it will be wrapped up and put under the tree for me to open on Christmas Day, and I will then have to curb my enthusiasm till 27th December, at which point I can get stuck in.

I'll give you a clue.....  it will be sheer bliss *wink*


No comments: