Wednesday 30 January 2019

January dolls......

Earlier this month, I posted about my intention to attempt to make one doll each week, based on inspirational antique dolls found on Pinterest.

Despite rodent diversions and assorted other shenanigans, unbelievably I've managed it!

Whoot!

Honestly, nobody is more surprised than me at actually hitting a deadline for a change.

So here they are.....



With so much detail in the original costume, on a much bigger doll, this was a challenge. I deviated slightly, adding little ruby buckles on the shoes but overall I'm happy that I captured the style and colour of the original.


Turquoise and ivory



I'm particularly pleased with this tiny beauty, dressed in a lovely, vibrant royal blue, which really reflects the style of the original.

And last but not least, this is my favourite of the four.....



I designed a delicately flower sprigged pattern which was printed onto fine silk twill for her bustled jacket, over a pretty silk and lace dress.  Her little boater is decorated with silk trims and finished at the back with a flowing silk bow.

I'm so pleased with her that I've decided to use her as part of a very special project, which will be available as a home workshop pack, hopefully this spring.

Flushed with success, I've even decided on my four February dolls, the first of which I'll start next week.   ðŸ˜ƒ









5 comments:

elizabeth s said...

They're GORGEOUS!!! How Talented you are to be able to translate them so Beautifully into miniatures!

Kathy S. said...

I love all the dolls! And I'm impressed you got that done. Did you catch the mouse?

Sandra Morris said...

Thanks Elizabeth :)
I think that perhaps this is one challenge I might actually manage to complete!

Sandra Morris said...

Thanks Penelope :)
I'm quite impressed too... I have a long history of not hitting deadlines!
As for the mouse.... NO!

Megan Schetsche said...

Oh very well done! They are beautiful. Not doing as well as you with goals over here...