Tuesday 15 January 2019

Pinterest goals.....

Despite the fact I'll be very busy over the coming days,  packaging and despatching orders from my book sale, I can always make time for Pinterest.

This evening I've been perusing my Pinterest boards with a view to selecting some dolls to recreate in micro miniature.

I've set myself the possibly unrealistic target of making one doll each week and I'm already playing catch up as here we are in the third week of January and I haven't completed any yet.   But making these 'pinspirational' dolls is my happy place, so I'm confident that by the end of the month I'll have finished four. *fingers crossed*

These are the ones I've chosen as my inspiration......





Lovely aren't they?

I'll try to post updates as I go along, but today I've been stringing some dolls in preparation for the first stage..... creating special 'paperweight' eyes using a rather Heath Robinson technique I've devised and have been trialling.  

It might work, it might not.... we'll see.

So this was the scene on my work desk at close of play today.....

New batch of little dolls being strung.....

4 comments:

Kathy S. said...

You've chosen lovely dolls! Even one a month is an impressive goal!

Sandra Morris said...

Thanks Penelope.... yes I may be being over-ambitious, it's a major flaw of mine! However, if I had the time I'd be making little dolls like these every day... it's what I'm working towards doing *fingers crossed*

Megan Schetsche said...

Your little dolls are pretty, and the pictures you've chosen as inspiration look awesome. I'm becoming quite good at sculpting dolls, and painting porcelain, but the art of dressing still eludes me. I'll be watching your progress with envy.

Sandra Morris said...

Thanks Megan.... I'll take all the encouragement I can get!!! :)