Tuesday 9 May 2023

Craftroom Makeover.... Part 3

Bang on schedule yesterday, the lady who bought my two base units and worktop turned up to collect them.  Unfortunately they wouldn't all fit in their car so they had to make two trips, but after an hour or so they'd gone, leaving an empty space, lots of dust, webs and a small colony of desiccated wood lice.  Predictably, as there was no air circulation behind the units, there are small patches of discolouration on the wall which haven't come off with cleaning.   So I had to rummage around in the shed to see if we had any of the original paint leftover, from 10 years ago

Fortunately, as we never throw out such things, there is the tail end of a large tin of paint which I can hopefully use to touch up the walls, although as it's been up the shed for a decade it might be a bit past its best.  Cue a frantic Google session to see if it was still available, which, thankfully, it is.

I'd been planning to make a start today, but we have two plumbers in, currently dismantling the cloakroom next to my workroom, so I can't easily get in and out around huge toolboxes and assorted plumbing paraphernalia, so it will have to wait till later in the week.

However, now that the units and run of worktop have gone, I have a bit of a conundrum.  I had planned to put the new wall unit on the same wall vacated by the base units, but it would also fit on the other wall, opposite the windows.  So I'm not sure where to put it.  I'll have to assemble it in situ, on the floor in the room and try it against each wall to see which looks best.   

In the meantime, there's nothing I can do today.  I can't get into the workroom anyway, and the whole of the ground floor is in complete chaos so I may as well use the time constructively to do some more planning.

By which I mean another lengthy Pinterest session...




No comments: