If you live within an hour or so of St. Leonards on Sea, and have a yen to make a miniature toy related project in the company of a few like-minded individuals, you're in luck!
I've been 'toying' (can you see what I did there?) with the idea of starting an informal fortnightly class for a while. If I'm scrupulously honest, one of the best ways to get on with the myriad ideas for my own projects is if I'm preparing for other people's!
Classes will take place in my home with access to a full range of equipment and tools.
Here are just a few ideas for projects you might like to undertake.....
- Learn how to make, dress and wig a little porcelain doll, from casting right through to completion.
- Alice in Wonderland vignette
- Dollmaker's work table
- Mignonette doll presentation box.
- Window displays.... perfect to display the tiny toys you've made
- Make a 1/12th porcelain child doll, along with her matching toy doll
- Create a doll's tea party
- Make a scene in a book
- Menagerie animal rocking and pull along toys
Miniature toy doll and accessories
Alice in Wonderland characters
Alice-themed toy cart and theatre
Make a little Jumea-inspired toy doll from scratch!
Traditional Punch & Judy Toy Theatre
Dollmaker's work table.....
Doll shop display and accessories....
The possibilities are endless.....
Classes will run for three hours every two weeks, either morning, afternoon or early evening and the cost per session is £15. Kits, materials etc are extra, depending on your project.
Classes will run in blocks of 5 over 10 weeks and I anticipate starting the first session in June.
If you are interested, please contact me and I will add you to my list and send you full information as soon as it becomes available.
I am also planning a return to running occasional one day workshops in the autumn so watch out for an exciting announcement coming soon....