Monday 15 October 2018

Fall out.....

Since my last post I have been mostly photographing and listing dozens and dozens of items on the website.

It's a tedious task but there's nothing else to do but methodically work my way though it all.  It's heartening to see that the boxes of 'things to list' are gradually emptying, and the boxes of 'things which have been listed' are gradually filling, so I'm cautiously optimistic that I might, possibly, be winning.

However I'm impatient to get on with new projects... both miniature and full scale, as I'm aware that we're coming to that time of year when I need to unearth my SAD lamp and make a point of enjoying the last few weeks of reasonably light evenings before the clocks change at the end of this month.

I do envy people for whom autumn is their favourite season.  I really try to embrace it each year, but I usually fail miserably.

The days get shorter, the weather colder and gloomier.  Granted, our trees put on a reasonable show for a few weeks but then we invariably get a gale and all the colourful foliage ends up in sludgy, slippery drifts where it slowly rots away.

At least winter is just one step away from spring, and by the time we reach March I start to feel more optimistic and energised, sloughing off my winter torpor and looking forward to the warmer days and sunlit evenings to come.

Autumn though..... bleargh *sigh* 

Which is why I always like to have a few interesting projects up my sleeve... to see me though the coming dreary, dark months.  There are a few areas of the house which could do with a makeover, so I've been Pinteresting for ideas.  And as the workroom begins to take shape again after my blitz, I'm also looking forward to several new mini endeavours over the coming weeks.

So watch this space.....




No comments: