Tuesday 16 October 2018

Taxing times.....

One of the many things I dislike about getting older is that my perception of the passing of time is all out of whack.  

Nowhere is this more evident than when submitting my tax return.  Obviously it has to be done annually, but it always feels as though I only did it just a few months ago. Granted I do always put it off till the eleventh hour, but even so it sneaks up on me earlier and earlier each year.

We have a very good online system for self assessment tax returns, which is easy to use and helpfully flags up any errors as you go along.  I've used it for years and consider it a major improvement on the old paper forms.  Except, despite being able to inform the taxman (or woman) of all the minutiae of my financial doings, there is still a sizeable supplementary paper form which has to be submitted by the end of this month.

It usually arrives in April, and it sits in my 'To Do' pile of correspondence until I can no longer ignore it.  That time is today, so it's currently sitting in splendid isolation on the desk.

Boding.
And looming.
It definitely bodes.... loomingly

Of course, as with all these things, it is the anticipation which is the worst.  Once we actually start and work methodically through, it won't be so bad.

Probably.

*sigh*




No comments: