Saturday 27 December 2008

Twixmas...............

And so, with the Christmas festivities fading into memory, I approach the end of the year with the traditional mixture of feelings.

Relief that yet another year has passed without anything too terrible coming to pass, give or take the odd collapse of the financial system worldwide.

Hope that next year will bring new opportunities and the chance to build on past successes.

With just 3 days left of 2008, I am still hopeful that I will be able to make a start on my toy shop basement, so that perhaps by this time next year it will be completed and sitting resplendant under the toy shop *cough*

Of course before I can even think about assembling it I have some major surgery to perform on the frontage, to enable me to install windows and a door. However inspiration has still to strike as to the how and what, not to mention the where to get them from.
Also I have to think about the well-being of the inhabitants. Upstairs in the main shop, Mr Albert Lowther, the proprietor, is quite comfortable. I'd hate to think of the basement as being a dark, dank, damp place, so I will have to add some creature comforts.

As well as housing the toymaker and dollmaker's workrooms, I'm hoping to make space for a small office area. This may require some major restructuring of room partitions etc, all of which still has to be decided upon.

I can feel some lists coming on..............

No comments: