Friday 10 February 2012

Groundhog day........

I know that the official Groundhog Day was on Feb 2, but I'm experiencing the Groundhog Day phenomenon of re-living the same day over and over, with little prospect of transcending it.

Every morning I wake up and scuttle into the workroom, to begin anew the round of tasks awaiting completion.

In fact, to continue with the rodent analogy, I feel a lot like a hamster in a wheel.

Hopefully though, there is an end in sight, as this time next week we will be packing the car and heading off towards Oxfordshire, leaving Small Dog in the capable hands of her two designated house/dog sitters for the weekend.  She did put in a bid to come with us but was overruled, two to one.

So I will be working through the weekend, putting finishing touches to the various toys and tiny dolls on my desk and I'm cautiously optimistic that by next Wednesday I'll be ready to start packing up our stock boxes and organising our display. 

In other news, it's bitterly cold, and we still have a generous covering of snow in the garden, which shows little sign of thawing anytime soon.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't have more snow and that temperatures will rise enough to keep the ice at bay.

Right..... back to it then.

*sigh*

 

No comments: