Thursday 13 September 2012

Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness........

Following summer's last hurrah, there is a definite hint of autumn in the air this morning, in spite of the bright sunshine.  It's a wee bit nippy and leaves are beginning to turn and fall.

I was pleasantly surprised this morning to find that I could actually move.  Late last night I had to practically crawl upstairs on hands and knees.  I even considered using Small Dog's step to get into bed.  Either that or curl up beside her in her basket on the floor if she'd let me..... which she wouldn't.

She's very terriertorial about her basket.

Fortunately a full 10 hour's sleep has restored me to what passes for normal these days so it's all good.  However, I'm going to take it a tad easier today, as I've definitely overdone things this week.

This is all to the good, as I must spend several hours in the workroom today if the ravening wolf is to be kept from the door this month.  Small Dog, who has a fertile imagination, claims that there are wolves living in the woods behind our house.  She is adamant that they even come into her garden and she has to bite their heads off.

I suspect that Small Dog may have been overdoing things too.

House move preparations continue apace today, with the removal of some bulky furniture this morning.  This will be followed by the redistribution of other furniture to fill the vacated space.  It's a bit like shuffling a pack of  3-dimensional cards.

In the hall are several bags and boxes full of stuff destined for local charity shops, so I do feel that things are progressing.  PP has been painting and decorating and I've been cleaning, de-cluttering, cleaning, re-organising, cleaning, tidying and cleaning.

Did I mention all the cleaning?

At this rate I'll be lucky not to end up with housemaid's knee, window cleaner's elbow and duster's lung to add to my burgeoning list of miscellaneous maladies..... 







 

No comments: