Thursday 18 January 2018

Dog talk.....

Small Dog and I are having a difference of opinion.  This is nothing unusual.  Regular readers will know that if there is something SD isn't
short of, it's opinions.

This is the source of our disagreement....


It was one of those jokey things that come up on FB, and I must have made a small involuntary snort because SD emerged from one of her 'power naps' and wandered over, requesting to know what I was looking at.

Suspecting that it might be a potential source of discord, I tried to close it down before she could read it... to no avail.

Small Dog: *frowning* Thatt is knott evin funnie.
Me: *placatingly* Oh come on SD.  It is a bit amusing. 
SD: *emphatically* Kno! Itt kleerlie implys thatt dogs ar simpell, wun-dyemenshunal,  unnedewkated, fauning kreechurs with kno indypendint thotts.  
Me: *non-committally* Hmmm.....
SD:*warming to her theme* Yue shude repoart it to Faisbuke!  Thatt iss a fowl kalumnie on dogkind.  Dogs ar intellijent... ai meen luke at me!  
Me:*choking on my tea* YOU?!
SD:*witheringly* Stopp itt.  Yue kno ai am lerrned.... wel red, nawlidgible, errudyte.  Admittidlie, as a prowd and nobell Yorkshier Terrior ai am an ecksepshun, butt evin so.  Kno dog is THATT stewpid.
Me: *grudgingly* Well if you put it like that I suppose you're right.  
SD:*returning to her bed* Absewlootlie.  Ai doant liek to be a laffen stok....
Me: Perish the thought SD......




2 comments:

downthelanewithdaisy@gmail.com said...

Very, very funny. I, too have conversations with my little yorkie, Dixie. She's amazingly clever with her repartee. haha

Sandra Morris said...

The thing I find about having conversations with a yorkie, is that you rarely get the last word.... ;)