Thursday 12 March 2009

Time flies............

I have no idea where the time has gone this week.

One minute it's Monday and the week stretches ahead filled with endless possibilities, the next it's Thursday and my weekly 'to do' list is mysteriously bigger than when it started on Monday.

Which is not to say I haven't been busy, beavering away, packaging orders, doing some R&D on new stuff, tinkering with the website etc etc.

However there have been no 'eureka' moments, or grand ideas come to full fruition, and as a consequence I'm feeling a bit flat and uninspired.

However, I've been nominated to do a meme by Bev at tattyhousehastings so in keeping with the spirit of the thing, here are my Five Things that are Great/Good/Going Well about my life:

In no particular order.......

  • I am rapidly approaching my very favourite time of year, when the clocks go forward, lighter evenings arrive, the trees and hedgerows start to 'green up' and there is a real sense of spring and summer lurking just around the corner.
  • PP is finally on the mend after a very traumatic, stressful and worrying few months and I can start to think ahead to our future with hope and optimism rather than fear and dread.
  • The catharsis of realising that all the things in life which I thought were important have been shown not to be important at all, in the great scheme of things. This occasional realignment of positive priorities is good for my soul.
  • EVERY day, no matter how bad things are, or how grumpy/fed up/stressed/worried I feel, small dog can ALWAYS make me laugh and bring a smile to my face
  • In the past few weeks I have rediscovered the pure enjoyment of what I do and restored my flagging creative flow.
There, I'm feeling better already.

So now I have to tag someone else with this meme and have chosen a fellow miniaturist whose positive work ethic puts mine to shame..... Debbie at Tiny Treasures. Over to you Deb!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, now I'm full of glowing joys of spring. Glad PP's health on the mend, and that small dog is making you smile...oh, and wonderful realisation of importance is always great.

Debbie said...

Thank you Sandra. I've had a couple of traumatic days and this has cheered me up..
Hugs