Sunday 10 May 2009

GP cam...........

As I no longer have any guinea pigs of my own, I have to get my cavy thrills vicariously.

Here's a sneaky zoom lens shot of next door's guinea pigs earlier.



Sadly, guinea pigs are highly underrated in all echelons of society. Contrary to public belief, they are extremely subversive, and live a very secretive life.

If I ever were to embark upon a PhD, it would have to be on the subject of 'Guinea Pigs in Literature'.

Just for openers, there is a seminal text within Alice In Wonderland, where at the trial scene.....

"The miserable Hatter dropped his teacup and bread-and-butter, and went down on one knee. “I’m a poor man, your Majesty,” he began.
“You’re a very poor speaker,” said the King.
Here one of the guinea-pigs cheered, and was immediately suppressed by the officers of the court. (As that is rather a hard word, I will just explain to you how it was done. They had a large canvas bag, which tied up at the mouth with strings; into this they slipped the guinea-pig, head first, and then sat upon it.)
“I’m glad I’ve seen that done,” thought Alice “I’ve so often read in the newspapers, at the end of trials, ’There was some attempt at applause, which was immediately suppressed by the officers of the court,’ and I never understood what it meant till now.”
“If that’s all you know about it, you may stand down,” continued the King.
“I can’t go no lower,” said the Hatter; “I’m on the floor, as it is.”
“Then you may sit down,” the King replied.
Here the other guinea-pig cheered, and was suppressed.
“Come, that finishes the guinea-pigs!” thought Alice. “Now we shall go on better.”
Now, don't get me wrong. Alice In Wonderland is one of the best works of children's fiction EVER.

But.

Suppressing guinea pigs in this cavalier fashion is blatantly unacceptable. They have a finely tuned sense of irony which Lewis Carroll obviously did not fully appreciate.

Hence the suppression.

Coming bang up to date, avid readers will be aware that I am on tenterhooks, awaiting the release of this summer's 'to die for' blockbuster.

Move over Star Trek, the new Harry Potter, the new Transformers, Captain America, Terminator Salvation and Superman Returns..... the film we've all been waiting for ALL OUR LIVES is, of course, G-Force.

For which the OFFICIAL trailer has now been released!!!!!!

Now for some reason best known to themselves, You Tube(bless their cotton socks) probably under threat of a massive lawsuit from Disney, (well this IS the film of the millennium) are refusing to let bloggers embed this trailer in their blog. So you'll have to slum it and click the link above to view the wondrousness that is the G-Force trailer.

And the film is in 3-D!!!!!!

How cool is that?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Watched the lovely Bedtime Stories last night with Bugsy, the guinea pig in. Oh, and weirdly Russel Brand who was a sort of cuddly uncle.
My parents in law lived in a boat for years - v.cool - toilet things, less so, but space not a problem as long as space/countryside all around you. Oh, and cheap to heat too.