Tuesday 6 September 2011

Multi tasking like a good 'un............

In between casting batches this morning, I took some time out to complete a little toy doll which I started last week, having come across a piece of gorgeous Victorian lace in one of my vintage lace boxes.

There is only enough to costume two dolls and I'm keeping the other piece to make a  bride doll for myself (yes I still do that thing) to go into my lovely Edwardian nursery room setting. 
However here is the one I finished earlier on my work mat, surrounded by silk ribbons and the fine silk tulle I used for her veil.



In common with all my micro dolls, she is very detailed, with silk underwear, minute silk shoes with leather soles and a full silk net petticoat.  Her dress comprises layers of cream silk under the lovely vintage lace, which in turn is decorated around the hem with tiny silk ribbon rosette bows.  She has full length silk sleeves, trimmed at the cuffs with fine vintage lace trim.  The silk and lace theme continues on the bodice, which is finished at the neck with a silk bow.  There is another larger silk bow at the back of the gown.

Her wig is a glossy chestnut brown, with tiny tendril curls accentuating her pretty face. Finishing touches include a flowing, full-length silk net veil and a crystal-decorated gold tiara.  Round her neck she wears a silk choker necklace with a single crystal.


She is now listed on the website, alongside a selection of other bridal dolls from different periods.



1 comment:

Robin said...

Just gorgeous!!!!!
Rx