Monday 7 January 2013

Grey day blues......

So we're now deep in the depths of winter, my least favourite time of year.  Despite the fact that the days are lengthening imperceptibly, it still feels a long, hard slog to spring.  It doesn't help that it hardly even seems to be daylight most of the time..... just a lighter shade of dark grey.

Still...... I've been very industrious of late, and just a few minutes ago finished a marathon batch of soft cleaning sessions, which means that I can load up the kiln tomorrow and set about doing a bisque firing, which will keep the house toasty warm for the best part of two days.

Small Dog has requested that we move her basket out of the office and into the dining room for the duration, where she can bask in the waves of heat emanating from the kiln.  I'll even be able to monitor the kiln temperature by how close to it she can bear to sit.

In other news..... well there is no other news.  I'm still convalescing and if sleeping were an Olympic sport I'd be a multiple gold medal winner.  Aside from having been ill, I definitely go into hibernation mode at this time of year, like a cross between a hedgehog and a dormouse.

*yawn*

However, with possibly our only fair of the year hoving into view, we're now working hard towards the Thame Fair on 23 Feb, where we're aiming to showcase several new toys and kits so I'll be in the workroom 24/7 for the foreseeable future trying to get ideas off the drawing board and into reality.

Finally, one cheering email arrived recently, from a customer in the Netherlands (hello Maria!) who sent me some photos of my little shabby chic toy doll making herself comfortable in her new home...... and what a lovely miniature home!


 

 

No comments: