Tuesday 2 April 2013

Ladybirds live again.....

As a child I had a huge collection of Ladybird books from the 50s and 60s.  It seemed to me that they contained all the wisdom I would ever need, from the Well Loved Tales, through History, Geography, Nature, Famous People, Science..... for almost every childhood question there was a Ladybird book to answer it.

At primary school we used Ladybird Workcards, which required the reading of a specific book from different categories in order to answer a series of questions.  I particularly remember the requirement to "always answer in a complete sentence".

I still have a few of my childhood Ladybirds, which were just as well-thumbed by my own children.  

Happy days.

So when I found THIS on one of my favourite blogs, I just had to share...

Brilliant stuff.....

1 comment:

Irene said...

Sandra, that was an excellent read - it made me laugh! It was a great find. There's another one out there about a Policeman!

The beauty of these little books (when our boys were small) was - if you turned two pages at once (to get through it quicker!) - they still made sense!