Tuesday 2 July 2013

Deadlines, shmeadlines.....

Predictably, my carefully crafted project management schedule has blown out of the window.  

Of course I knew that would happen..... it always does.

On the plus side, ALL of the 'stuff' from the workroom is now spread liberally throughout the house.  Which leaves the storage units still in situ, so that I can paint the cupboard doors.

Exhibit A - one set of base unit doors in their 'before' state.....

  
Exhibit B - same unit after first coat of chalk paint.....






I naievely thought that each door would take around 10 minutes to paint but getting into all the mouldings means they take around half an hour.  With 10 doors in total that's 5 hours.

I need to apply a second coat today, then tomorrow, wipe and buff with clear wax.

So that's my afternoon spoken for.......




No comments: