Friday 5 November 2010

It was a dark and stormy night.........

T'was blowing a gale last night.  Proper sturm and drang stuff.  Thought the roof was going to take off at one point.

I had also made the mistake of watching not one, but two horror films before going to sleep.  

As a result I was jolted awake in the early hours from a nightmare involving zombie vampires.  Naturally I was being relentlessly pursued by these hybrid horrors and obviously I couldn't run no matter how hard I tried.  My legs were filled with lead and my desperate attempts to escape were doomed to failure.

Not that running would have made any difference to my eventual fate, as my crazed brain had conjured zombie vampires that could fly.

I woke with a start, sitting bolt upright in bed, wide-eyed and gasping for breath as the realisation slowly dawned that a putrid zombie with manky fangs wasn't, in fact, just about to reach out with its decaying claws and grab me.......

Took me some time to get back to sleep after that one........

On a lighter note, yesterday I managed to complete a small batch of little rainbow ballerina toy dolls, which had been awaiting their tutus, wigs and headdresses for some time.
However that's all the 'making' I can accomplish before the fair on Sunday.  Today is all about packing up the myriad boxes, checking that all our twinkling stand lights work properly and generally making sure that everything is done and dusted.

Tomorrow is nominally set aside as a 'lazy day' so that I can hopefully charge my depleted batteries.  Naturally that won't happen as there will be loads of last minute stuff to do..... printing out our new leaflets, making signs and labels we've forgotten etc etc etc.

So, best go and get back to it.........



 

No comments: