Tuesday 9 November 2010

KDF floorplans ...........

With impeccable timing, following my fair rant yesterday, floor plans for the Christmas Kensington Dollshouse Festival have just been unveiled.

We're in the same spot for the third year running, in the Main Hall, up on the stage area with its panoramic view over the whole hall.  

A cursory glance over the exhibitors confirms that, at least at Kensington, artisan quality has taken precedence.  I've printed out a set of the floor plans so that I can plan my visits to favourite standholders for the final few bits and pieces I need for my day nursery.

As KDF is so big, I will need to execute my foray around the halls with military precision.  There are also quite a few new exhibitors this year, who are helpfully highlighted on the exhibitors list so I'm going to take some time out this evening to browse their websites.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I would give anything to be able to go to a fair like that. I can't get to any of the fairs and I presume there are a lot of collectors like me who can't make the big fairs for one reason or another.

I do wish that everyone had a website with at least some of their stuff on it and a rough idea of some prices too. I hate seeing something I like from someone and not knowing whether I can afford them or not. It puts me right off emailing for prices because it is embarrassing if I can't afford them.

Robin said...

SO pleased to learn that KDF shows every sign of being magnificent - I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Can I make a quick comment about websites and prices - I DO understand...but,it's sometimes difficult for us, as prices often vary with each individual item - as they're always a little different. Please don't be embarrassed to ask - we're really happy that you're interested enough to take time to look.