You're heading towards an important deadline, stress abounds, little niggly naggly things start going wrong and before you know it you're in free fall towards incipient nervous breakdown / heart attack/psychotic episode......
Or if you're really, REALLY unlucky, all three.
And you know that proverb, about straws and camel's backs?
It is SO TRUE.
Except at the moment, there are mere nano-millimetres between the placing of that ultimate straw on the dromedary's back and time has conveniently slowed down to a crawl so that I can attempt a slo-mo dive, shouting NOOOOOOOOOO!
Or I would if I had the energy. The best I can manage is a 'meh'.
Which for all I know might be the sound a camel makes just before its back breaks.
In no particular order, ALL of the following are clamouring for a share of my attention......
- Small Dog's bad leg
- Thame Fair this coming weekend
- Free-floating fear that fair will be a complete washout and I'm going to have to tout for a job at Tesco.
- Imminent collection of much-loved campervan
- Purchase of 'new' car yesterday
- Will 'new' car be ready to collect in time for trip to Thame, or not....?
- Have we made the right decision to exchange motorhoming for caravanning.
- Strange, large lump on my face which makes me look like Charles Laughton in The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
- Sale of all of my remaining 1/12th doll molds heralding point of no return on career path
- Sale of small much-loved small car to make way for towcar
- Impending countdown to putting house on the market
- Continuing related downsizing exercise.....
I HAVE WAY TOO MUCH STUFF TO DEAL WITH!