Monday 6 August 2012

THAT'S AMAZING.....!

Now here's something you don't see every day.

Or every week.

Or even every month.

My work desk earlier today.....truly amazing I think you'll agree.  In fact it is such a rare sight that I had to gaze at it in wonder for several minutes, almost blinded by the stark whiteness of the surface.

Usually every square inch is covered, either by boxes of tiny doll parts, or festoons of brightly coloured silk ribbons, or pieces of fabric, or bits of pullalong toys, or half-finished toy theatres.....sometimes even all at once.

I usually just keep going until there isn't a waffer-thin slice of space left, then I'm forced to undertake a massive tidying exercise.  Today however, although it was fairly full, I still could have managed to fit several more 'projects in progress' on it if I'd really put my mind to it.

However I needed to clear it completely in order to put my toy shop on it, as tomorrow a lovely couple are making the journey all the way from Amsterdam to pick it up and I want to display it to its best advantage.

Hence the clean, clear, virgin desktop.  I'm almost tempted to take bets on how long it will take for me to clutter it up again.......

EDIT - for those who've requested photos of the toy shop, HERE'S A LINK to the pdf of the article which appeared in Doll's House Magazine.  Enjoy......  

2 comments:

Joan Burnitt said...

Sandra, please may we see some photos of your toyshop?

Joan

Sandra Morris said...

Joan....

I've posted a link to the pdf of the toy shop article which has loads of photos and information. It was a few years back though.....